Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

       Ok so I have to admit, Halloween hasn't been even close to my favorite holiday for many years now....I suppose pretty much since it became sociably unacceptable for me to trick-or-treat.  Plus, although I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas, I am not a candy fan.  BUT, this year because it was my first Halloween out of college I was determined to make it a good one! I was dissapointed it fell on a Monday and that we live too far out of town for trick-or-treating kids, but it actually turned out really well!
       So here's how it all went down: We rounded up all the girls and went out to one of the two bars in McCall on Saturday night, and yes, the person next me in the pink is a man.....clearly....We had tons of fun dancing and watching the costume contest at the Foresters Club but being the early riser that I am, I was at home in bed with Charlie by midnight.  I wore my costume to work on Sunday but I got the feeling people just thought I was a weirdo because it wasn't actually Halloween yet.  I had to explain multiple times that Stacey Cakes is closed on Monday or I would've worn then....lame.
       On Monday we had a little Halloween Scary Movie Double Feature at my house.  Camille rented Joy Ride and The Fourth Kind and I made movie munchies.  I actually got a bit carried away in the snack department....we had
mummy english muffin pizzas,

ghost and pumpkin chocolate cupcakes,
candy corn cookies,
spiked apple cider with "shrunken heads" (carved apples), and more!Of coarse I was in heaven and beaming with pride when everyone arrived.  I mean really, good food and great company; it just doesn't get any better than that!  On the other hand, I think I am picking the movies next year because The Fourth Kind absolutely terrified me and I spent the rest of the night convinced that I was going to be abducted by aliens.... and yes, I'll admit it, I slept with the light on...all night....But regardless of my rampant irrational fear I would definitely say all in all this years Halloween was a win!  And to close out this entry, you know it, I have another darling picture of Mr. Charlie Pants...because I just can't resist! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment