Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back on Timm St.!!

       Yes yes, I know it has been a bit longer between posts this stretch, and I apologize to all my “fans” eagerly following my exhilaratingly eventful life ;) However I have been sooooo busy!!! It’s been quite the whirlwind around here.  The most exciting (and most taxing on my time) is that I have recently moved! Well moved back that is.  When I was in high school we lived part time in a house on Timm St. here in McCall.  When Mom got remarried and bought the new house on the hill, the Timm St. house was not sold due to the bad economy and has been sitting vacant for nearly four years! So two weeks ago I barged in, cleaned out all the cobwebs and made myself a little Madi-nest.  Since the house is three stories and WAY more space than I need I hauled a bed down and made the main floor into a lovely little studio.  Just the right size for Charlie and me!  Here are some photos of the new digs:
   
It's perfect and I love it! Decorating tips anyone?
       Also, as you know I have a small sewing venture here in town and  few weeks ago I was asked if I would sell my crafts at a local shop called Studio 616!  It is a vintage/handmade/very cute/way too cool for a tiny town like this shop that opened a bout a year ago.  OF COURSE I said yes!! They now carry three styles of my handmade hair barrettes and journals.   Here is my display in the shop and here are close up pics of my work: 

It is quite thrilling if I do say so myself.  I even bought myself a little rubber stamp with my business name on it just to feel official, and I do!  I am proud to be part of such a fun hip place even if my articles are just goofy and girly!
        Well….what else do I have for you…..Oh!  Because my Grams (Mom’s Mom) is going through chemotherapy she is sadly loosing all of her beautiful red hair.  For those of you who know her, I'm you can vouch that she is a very stylish woman and naturally felt the "balding" look simply wouldn’t do.  So as a surprise her best buds at the local bar (her fav hangout) had a head shaving party right there on the dance floor.  It was pretty funny to watch and Grams seemed extreamly pleased.  She said now she could wear fancy hats and headscarves without feeling silly!  I love my Grams.  She is very brave.(Sorry I know the pic is a bit blurry...)
       Also in the exciting category, I have been accepted into the Culinary Institue of America in New York for their Winter 2013 session.  Will I attend? We shall see….I am looking into other vocational schools as well and if anyone has any suggestions (things you think I'd be good at or whatever) I would L-O-V-E, love to hear them!
OMG AND LOOK! Someone here in town drives the same car as me!!! I like to think it’s Stella’s BFF.  When I saw it parked at my favorite coffee shop I couldn’t help but pull up along side and snap a qick pic! So cute!!!!  
       As always I HAVE to end with an adorable shot of Mr. Charlie Pants. I put a chair in front of the fireplace to dry my wet running shoes and he thought it was for him.  Warmest seat in the house!  That’s all for now! I love and miss you all and hope you can fill me in on your lives as well because I’d love to hear! XOXOXO 































2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE can't wait to see you maddi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would Have Thought You Had Repainted The Scratches On The Red Table!!!

    ReplyDelete