Thursday, February 6, 2014

Visit to Moscow and More


        Well it looks like I arrived back in McCall just in time for that very special and equally maddening time of year...WINTER CARNIVAL!! I must say I was super impressed this year with the sculptures. They were large, ornate, interactive and very visually appealing; you go McCall businesses! Here is a picture of the Stacey Cakes cupcake I took while driving (safely of course...), however if you want to see better photos, you can go online to the StarNews website to see the winners. They are superb.
        Of course with all these sculptures going up, the tourists are bound to follow, so I got my share of winter fun in the week before and the escaped the craziness of the weekend by taking a trip up to Moscow, ID to visit my dear friend Kyler! Oh boy! Kyler was recently promoted to assistant manager at the Moscow branch of WinCo. Right on kid!!! However, as a result of added responsibilities I soon discovered he was living off of deli chicken strips and microwave "Texas Toast" (whatever that is...). So we spent a few days having cooking lessons and stocking the freezer with healthy meals! Naturally I was in heaven. Cooking mass quantities of all my favorite foods for someone else...I think I should be a personal chef in my next life!! What fun!!! In addition to our kitchen extravaganza we went hiking, swimming, and spent some time walking around my old college town and catching up. We even had breakfast at my favorite old coffee spot, Bucers, where they still make the best bran muffins under the sun. It was quite relaxing and a real treat. :)
        When Charlie and I arrived back in town, things had calmed down a bit and we are able to get out into the snowy wonderland without the crowds. I met up with this girl for an amazing snow shoe out by Little Lake where we trekked in knee deep powder for nearly 2 hours! It was terribly exhausting and yet extremely fulfilling. While struggling through the snow with Mr. Charlie strapped to my back I had a moment of appreciation for where I was. The sun was out and the sky was the kind of blue you see in calendar photos.  I was in the woods with one of my best friends, my furry companion, nearly numb toes, snow in my hair, and air in my lungs so crisp it burned on the inhale, and I thought, "By God, this is it! This is what people dream about. This is most definitely the good life." Of course these things have been present almost all my life growing up here in McCall, but only after suffocating in a place like Tianjin can I truly appreciate them....funny how that goes huh? Sometimes I just have to remind myself to stop and take it all in sometimes :) Thanks for the adventure Carly Kay!!! xoxoxo
        Anywho, as we draw near the middle of February I find myself preparing for a another mini-trip! Next week Charlie and I will be boarding a plane to Portland, OR to house sit for my Aunt and Uncle. I get to spend close to 4 weeks in one of my most beloved cities!! Yahoo!! This will be Mr.Charlie's very first airport/plane ride experience; not to worry it will be well documented and many photos will be shared! 
      I think that is all to report for now, and I hope to hear from all of you with updates about your own lives!! As is custom here is a darling photo of Charlie to close. Love and miss you all! Take care! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment