Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Portlandia Round Two!!

       Well hello again!! I am sad to report my stay here in the green city of Portland has come to a close, and was both downtrodden and excited as Charlie and I boarded our Boise bound aircraft. Unfortunately I did not get to visit with the returning MacNichol's but am hoping their trip was spectacular! How could it not be really...
      Ok so, all in all I was faux-Portland resident for 24 whole days, in which I attended 22 yoga classes, 10 spinning classes, 6 swimming workouts, 4 exotic dance classes, 1 day hike, and countless other adventures! Thanks to my dear friend Rachelle and swell cousin Jack I was able to get out often and explore in excellent company!! It was really a blast and I had such a great time despite the constant rain. 
       So to pick up where I left off in my last entry, after my volunteer work was done at ART, my co-workers invited me to the opening night of the theater's featured play called Motherfucker with the Hat.  The prodution was as vulgar as the name suggests and absolutely hilarious! I had a grand time laughing and blushing simultaneously...  Thanks again to all the people at ART who showed me the ropes and allowed me to work with them for a few weeks and Jenny for getting me the hook-up!! 
       The next evening Jack and his room mates joined me for Curry Chicken and the Oscars (which I have little interest in but love to cook for hungry people) and was was more than happy to meet my cousins awesome roomies! Throughout the next few days I found myself ice skating, riding the arial tram, lunching at the Ethiopian food cart, painting, and wine/cheese sampling. What a hoot!
       Also, last week I caught the train up to Seattle for a night. Now, in case you don't already know, I love trains!!! I had a ball and stayed at hotel in Pioneer Square downtown. Now, I feel I should put a disclaimer on this next comment as to not offend any Seattlites (so disclaimed), but I feel Seattle is Portland's elder dead-end sibling....well, downtown at least.    There is this constant semi-romantic symphony of seagulls and sirens at ALL times, and as far as I could tell every person I passed in the street was either a business assosiate in a suite on a cell phone look stressed OR a strung-out tweeker shadily asking if I could spare a dollar. I remembered my last trip to Seattle much more fondly and with give the city the benefit of the doubt by assuming this sickening phenomenon is confined to the downtown area. 
       Anywho, the reason for the journey was my visit to the Johnson O'Connor Foundation.  This an aptitude tesing facility that Aunt Jenny urged me to visit to help with my future path (because it is currently sprouting off in like a zillion different directions...which is very good but also equally as confusing!). It was very interesting and although did not tell me anything that was shocking, gave me a lot to think about. It never hurts to know things about yourself especially the inner working of your own mind. Thanks Jenny for convincing me to do that!!!! I won't totally bore you all with all the details of the results, but I will say that my latest decision to go to grad school for International Communications jives nicely with my aptitudes. So there, a step in a positive direction haha.
       Also while in Seattle I met up with my friend Mary and her fiance Craig for dinner at a near by Mediteranean restaurant. It was great to catch up and visit for a few hours. Congrats on the upcoming wedding you too!!! :D
        It seems like so much to sum up in one blog entry but there you have it...Madi lose in a city for 3 ½ weeks and this is what happens haha. I don't want to ruin my future blogs just yet, but here is a sneak peek at what is soon to come!! As usual I will end with this picture of Mr. Charlie....he was very concerned about being left behind as I was packing so he got in his kennel to show me he was ready too. Adorable. Love and miss you all!!! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment