Monday, October 17, 2016

East Coast Adventures


It has only been two weeks since I left McCall (which in itself seems crazy!) and I cannot believe all the traveling that has been packed into that short amount of time! I must say, although I dearly love to be on the road, typically I prefer to stay in each place for a longer period of time, but hey, lovely people and opportunities are just not to be passed up!

After a little Mother/Daughter time in Boise, Mom dropped me off at the airport where Charlie and I caught a plane to Roanoke, Virginia to visit my dear friend Jessica for a few days. Jess lives with her boyfriend in a charming southern style house close to the center of Roanoke, and although she was busy working a lot we managed squeeze in a few hikes, a sushi dinner date and a pumpkin carving session! Her boyfriend even made us his special pancakes for breakfast one morning, which were AMAZING! Turns our the secret ingreients are cocnut oil and cinnamon…shhhhhh! ;) Thanks Jason & Jess! It was awesome to see you again and I hope to do it again soon!
 

Ok now, here is where it gets a bit chaotic… In order to avoid making you read page after page of incoherent rambling about busses and trains and planes (oh my!), I will employ the master of organization: the bullet point, and do my best to be concise. SO here we go:
  • After catching up with Jess, we (we=Charlie & I) took a train to Washington DC, where I met up with this guy again!  Patrick’s Mom and older sister live in DC and we exchanged our room and board with Partick’s Mom for painting her living room. We aren’t pro’s, but it turned out "not horrible". We also did a bit of rainy tourism, met up with my friends from the Netherlands for dinner (So awesome to see you guys again!!! Good luck in DC over the next year!) , and had a get together with Patrick’s sister Stephanie and her girlfriend Kim.


 


  •  A short three days later we (this time we= Patrick, Charlie & I!) were off to Philadelphia! Patrick’s good friend and his wife live just outside Phili with their three kids and we stayed with them for two nights. It was a short but relaxing visit, which included a trip to the botanical gardens and watching the second presidential debate (mostly slack-jawed in amazement at the whole show). They are a super cool family and I was so happy to meet them. (Thanks Alex and Nichole! I hope to see you again soon!) ...And YES! We are having a coloring party in the photo below! Such fun! :D

  • Post-Phili the three of us caught a bus to New York City where we stayed with my Aunt Sally for a few days while we basked in the spotlight of the city, went to the Museum of Natural History, Time Square, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty AND Ellis Island. In addition I was able to have a short visit with my dear friend Franzi, who just started her PhD at NYU. (I am so proud of you girl!! Keep up the good work! :D ) In between, we managed to chat with my aunt quite a bit about politics, religion and all those fun taboo topics which was super interesting and engaging. I felt a huge amount of appreciation to be related so such an excellent human! (Lots of love Sally! See you soon!)
  
 
  •  Did I mention we were only in NYC for two days?! Well after that whirlwind, we arrived in Essex, Connecticut at my Grandparents house totally exhausted. Luckily grandparents houses are always the perfect places to relax. We had a bit a of down time, napped, washed clothes, took a hot tub and just recovered from the chaos that is New York City. Grammy and I got to catch up on everything and really chat which doesn’t happen often enough these days it seems. It was really great and I was so pleased to spend some extra time with them.
  • The next morning, Patrick’s friend Carlos picked us up and drove us to his house in Providence, Rhode Island. We stopped at the National Submarine museum along the way where we go to walk around inside one and soak up an absolutely gorgeous day! After a much needed good nights sleep, we all took a day trip to Newport and hit up a seafood festival. Although it was quite windy, it was really lovely and there was live music and lots of shops to poke around in.  We appropriately, polished off our day with Chinese food and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. (Thank you Carlos for letting us invade your home for a week! It is MUCH appreciated!)

  


Whew! Still with me?! Ok so, here were are still in Providence for a few days and our next stop is Portland, Maine for the big wedding! The excitement is growing…I cannot wait to see all of you I haven’t already seen yet! Travel safe, take care & lots of love to everone! xoxox

P.S. A big shout out to this little guy (maybe I should say bark out?!) who makes me so proud! He is really the best and most patient traveling companion there ever was. He is always happy and ready to adventure with his mama. You make my day with your awesomeness Mr. Charlie Pants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment