Thursday, February 16, 2017

Portland, OR




Hello again everyone! Apologies for being so out of touch lately, but as some of you know (or not) I recently moved again, this time to Portland, Oregon. My wonderful family here has agreed to take me in while I find my way, yet again, in a new city. I am happy to report that things in Portland are already going significantly smoother than in California, which is a definite relief. Since my relocation, I have taken on two part time internships at The Intercultural Communication Institute & Portlandia School of Languages. The internships are quite similar and mostly I'm in charge social media coordination/research, and although both are unpaid, they seem a good way to get involved in the local community. Aside from that I started a software development course at The Tech Academy, which is quite enjoyable and I am learning a lot! In between all that, I have managed a few social events such as seeing a play with my cousin and visiting the local Lan Su Gardens with Patrick while he was visiting last week. 
Speaking of Patrick! He was able to land himself a job as an abrorist here in Portland! It is quite exciting and he is in the process of moving himself from California to Oregon as I write this. SO it would seem, things are coming together. That being said I would like to announce I will be taking a break from blogging for awhile. I want to take my blog in different direction and need some time to figure out what that could be. So my dear friends and family, until then Patrick, Charlie and I can be found in the green and rainy city of Portland, Oregon busily trying to assemble our lives into what appear to that of functional adults. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment