Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!


       Well, when I found out I was going to be in McCall for Christmas, things really kicked in gear around the MacNichol household. We got out all the decorations and Mom and I commandeered a tree from the neighbors back yard (shhh) and dressed it up with lots of lights and ornaments so no one would recognize it!  We spent three whole days baking holiday treats (and much time eating them) before Neil got home from OSU and had wrapping paper all over the house for days.  It snowed like crazy and I was able to bust out my old skate ski's and take Charlie for a spin! He sure loves to ski, but his tiny paws get snow burn before too long, hence the fanny pack.  Don't scoff. He loves it.  
        The girls came over for a movie night a while back, and I was reminded how much I love them! We ate snacks and watched Twilight and caught up on our lives; what a treat! I even got to attend a Christmas party this year with my friend Jeremy, where there was so much good food I thought I'd be stuffed for weeks! We played pool (and I won...both games ;), listened to Holiday music, chatted with his co-workers, and I even got to wear my Santa hat!

       My good friend Jason flew out on the 23rd for a visit and to do some skiing! Now, Jason is from the Midwest and has Chihuahua named Shelby who looks just like Charlie who came for Christmas too! Can you tell who is who in their little elf costumes?! Jason and Shelby had never seen a good old fashion Idaho winter before, and by the time he left four days later we had him involved in every snow adventure we could think of!!! We went skate skiing, snow shoeing, downhill skiing, AND ice skating, all of which were a first for him.  He did great at all of them; sadly, I have discovered I am a terrible ski instructor. But he claimed to enjoy himself through all the falling and getting up, and getting burried and getting stuck. What a good sport.  John took him on an air tour of McCall in the Supercub and we even went to Cascade to watch The Hobbit, which I loved even though it was a 3 hour film! Thanks for coming Jason!!! It was great even if I did essentially push you down a mountain with slippery sticks strapped to your feet. You Rock!! :D
       Other than that, things have been pretty low key around here.  I am studying like a mad-woman to complete my TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) for my new job.  I am nearly done thank-goodness, because I am ready to get my butt in gear and head to China!! Packing for Charlie and I has been difficult because I want to bring too much stuff and trying to plan for a whole year is overwhelming!! Also, I am so excited about the whole ordeal I can hardly focus on anything!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and CONGRATULATIONS to my Cousin Ross and his new fiance Sara!! Happy New Year everyone!!! May 2013 be as wonderful as 2012!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment